Thursday 12 March 2009

Mood Boards

Here are my three Mood Boards for my assignment, I chose tyhe channel Sky 1 to create three animations on because it is one of my favourite channels, so therefore I am more familiar with this channels style and the programs they show. As a theme for the three animations, which will become more apparent as you see my mood boards, I decided to go with Lost the TV series because it is a well established TV series that a lot of people have seen and recognize even if they're not still following it after 5 series of the show.

As you can see here form my first mood board, I am representing a few of the shows from Sky 1 yet one is more prominent than the others with the Lost logo and the jungle background with the letters of Sky 1 giving that dark feeling although keeping in continuity with the original Sky 1 logo.
My second Mood Board is obviously still representing Lost with the same sort of theme, yet introducing the famous Black smoke that is still a mystery in Series 5 of the show. However this Moodboard consists of two images top and bottom brought together with a gradient and the black smoke inbetween, I thought this was simple but effective approach to creating a 'mood'.
The first attempt at my 3rds mood board was wrong but I thought I would post it up to show you what i first came up with -It was wrong because when i created it, I was not aware that all three had to carry the same theme:


This Mood board was representing all the traffic Police programs that are on Sky one a lot of the time like 'Road Wars', Street Wars', 'Traffic Cops' etc.


But after realising and being told this was wrong I created a third mood board that fitted in with an overall theme of the Television series Lost which can be found below



Here is the Final version of my Third mood board:
I have decided in this mood board to use the Sky one letters as a kind of lightning effect - In the series of Lost, they portray the characters life through lightning in the black smoke so i thought this would be a good way to represent the channel and the theme together.


No comments: